Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Side Note

Last week, one of my more motivated 5th graders found a section of Study Island (studyisland.com) dedicated to Computer Technology. The information and questions in this section will help students with their 8th grade technology test (I assume they still take this...either way, I tell my students that they will in order to motivate them to pay attention :)).

On this site, you can read the lesson and then take a quiz based on what you have read. Very individualized; however, not differentiated based on ability. In the next couple weeks, I am going to experiment with having the students read and quiz on their own as well as read the info as a group and then quiz individually. I think we will also mix it up and read individually and then quiz as a group.

I really want to see if my students are up for the challenge of "distance learning." I'll let you all know how it goes!

Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. From Jennifer Knott: I would be interested in hearing the results and the process you use for revealing the results. Will the students work in groups perhaps, as in the Guided Design process? I'll bookmark your blog for more information. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete